Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I'll start with this weekend because it probably helped give me the idea for this blog in the first place. We visited friends last Saturday and in an effort to save gas and money, we decided to stay with B's parents overnight since they live in the same town and we were getting together for Mother's Day the next day. Saturday is our shopping day and S had a dress rehearsal that morning for her choir concert so B took S to her rehearsal and went shopping while I stayed at home to pack and get the other children ready. We did well in getting everything done and left when we wanted to, which doesn't seem to happen as often as we'd like. :)

It wasn't until 10:30 p.m. Saturday night that I realized that I had forgotten to get our Sunday clothes out of the closet at home for B to put in the van. We don't shop on Sundays as it's part of our belief in keeping the Sabbath Day holy and we were an hour from home. We figured B and I could borrow clothes from his parents and B's mom had dresses that would fit A and e, but we needed a dress for S and a nice shirt for D. (Luckily, D was wearing one of his nicer pair of jeans and we decided that it would work for one Sunday.)

After we determined that Wal-Mart was open 24 hours, B's mom, e, and I went to Wal-Mart and found a dress and a polo shirt for under $12 before midnight and it all worked out.

Now, at first, I started to get a little frustrated with myself because I'd forgotten to get the clothes out of the closet. Instead I decided to think about how grateful I was that we'd discovered the mistake before Sunday and that Wal-Mart was open late at night and that B's mom was willing to go shopping with me and help me find cute kid clothes on clearance at 11 p.m.

It's all in how you look at it.

No comments: