Monday, May 19, 2008

A Good, Busy Day

I like being productive and using my time wisely. For me, that makes me happier, though as a mother, I still struggle occasionally with those days where my accomplishments are keeping everyone safe and fed and that's it. Over the years, my husband has helped me with those kind of days by reminding me that routine things are productive, too, especially since the care of my family is very important and productive. :)

However, today was not one of those days. :) It was a more productive day and I like those, though it still didn't go as I desired. We didn't get ready and take things to our storage unit like B suggested and I wanted to do. I did take e to her well-baby doctor visit and she is growing well except for an ear infection that she is hopefully getting over. (We'll see how it goes tonight.) I tried out my new Swiffer and got my kitchen floor cleaner than it's been in a while. I washed my dishes, let my kids play with their bubble blowers and the big blocks, made dinner, and watched my friends' twin boys for a couple of hours. On top of that, I was in a generally good mood. So I didn't get to do what I wanted to do today, but I did do other good things and had a good day.

Moral for today: Just because you don't get to do what you want doesn't mean your day has to be ruined.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I think that's one reason I like running. I feel like I've at least accomplished one thing. I haven't gotten to that one today yet though. And with homeschooling and taking care of your younger kids too, I'm sure your very productive each day. More productive than I sometimes feel, anyway. :)

E said...

I think it's why I also put daily or weekly tasks like wash dishes or fold clothes on my to-do list, so I remember that I have done something that day. Maybe I should add "Make Breakfast" to remind me on the really slow days. ;)

kt said...

I think making dinner and changing diapers should be on the list; though that's probably just me. I feel like I need that reminder some days, especially dinner. Other days, I feel like the only thing I'd get to cross off would be the diaper changes. Speaking of which...

E said...

I think you've got the idea. I could probably add those to my list, too. :)