Things I am thankful for:
- my Pocket PC, because it's small, compact, and holds all the things I need to remember plus I can read books on it, check my e-mail and the Internet, let my children use the drawing program to help them be quiet at church, and play mp3s to listen to books and talks while I work.
- hot, running water from the tap.
- my education and the desire and ability to continue learning.
- my gas stove. (I really will miss it when I have to go back to electric burners one day.)
- cinder block walls because I can use those 3M hooks and not worry about them ripping the drywall.
- 3M hooks, so I can decorate my apartment better.
- my city library. It has such a good collection and it's nice to be able to read many of the books I want while living on a student budget.
- Jesus Christ. (Yes, I know I said that I was trying to think of less common things to be thankful for, but I saw His picture on the wall and my life wouldn't be what it is without Him, so there. ;) )
- Google Reader because I can keep up on my sites and not use a lot of time.
- my husband having his thesis defense scheduled in less than two weeks.
- lower gas prices.
- a living room without a TV in it.
- washing machines and dryers because they save a lot of time.
- refrigerators and freezers.
- Google Maps because it helps me find places.
- staplers and paper clips because they keep my papers together.